Pump Group were contacted to assist with an issue at a Coal Fired Power Station…
Pump Group has taken receipt of the newest FLIR T420 Thermal Imaging Camera, to assist our engineers with various tasks – both on site and in our in-house Test Cell.
Thermal Camera use allows the operator to identify machine faults quickly and safely using non contact methods – meaning that plant & machinery doesn’t need to be shut down or isolated for the survey to be carried out.
Thermal imaging surveys can be carried out periodically without interfering with plant, and as temperatures of mechanical components increase as they wear, thermal imaging surveys allow our engineers to detect any change in the running temperatures and the high resolution screen pinpoints the source of the heat which indicates the source of the wear.
Thermal Imaging Targets:
- Pump & Motor Bearing Housings
- Fans & Compressors
- Seal Flush Systems
- Gland Packing
- Motor Leads
- Electrical Control Panels
- Belt Drives & Conveyor Belts
Advantages of using Thermal Imaging Cameras:
- Safe to use – non contact
- Unobtrusive – no need to shut down machinery, reducing down time
- Quick – no need to wait for panels to be isolated to carry out the survey
- Accurate – can quickly scan and measure temperature distribution of surfaces of machinery & electrics under normal working conditions
Thermal Imaging is now used in our In-House Performance Test Cell, where our engineers take thermographic images of the unit once the unit is up to temperature. This data is then saved with our Vibration Analysis data giving an overall base line for the condition of the unit post repair.
If you would like to discuss a potential thermographic survey, or wish to find out more about how Pump Group can utilise these modern techniques to reduce downtime and reduce maintenance costs, please contact a member of our team on +44 (0)161 864 4678 or by emailing email@example.com